The idea of proper nutrition and maintaining a well balanced diet is a concept that is complex and unique for each individual. Many symptoms and reactions that people feel daily can be directly linked to their diet and how much nutrition that are consuming or lacking on a daily basis. A registered dietitian is someone who has expertise in human nutrition and regulation of diet. A dietitian alters their patient’s nutrition based upon their medical condition and individual needs. Dietitians are regulated healthcare professionals licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat nutritional problems.
If this is your first time considering seeking advice for your overall diet and health, here are just a few of the benefits of working with a registered dietitian:
- You will receive the highest level of nutrition counseling and learn things about your diet that you may not of realized were affecting your well-being.
- Personally tailored advice. A registered dietitian will complete a full work up of your current condition and make their best recommendations that best suit your unique needs in order for you to reach your personal goals whether it be for weight control or overall well-being.
- Help managing chronic diseases. Learn about foods that can benefit you while living and managing chronic diseases. Know which foods to avoid and which foods can help improve your energy levels and health.
- Guidance navigating food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances. Learn which foods you may of built an intolerance too, causing you to feel nauseated or fatigued after consuming. Not all concerns with food are allergies, there may be foods that you have developed a sensitivity to and should try to avoid.
Food and eating habits can be so personal for some individuals, often hard to talk about and often needing some behavioural changes before any improvements can be made. Which is why it’s important to have a trusted professional provide real resourceful advice to help progress along the challenging journey. Sometimes all you need is support and motivation from someone outside your inner circle, without judgement, and someone who understands all there is to know about nutrition and diet.
Registered dieticians will also help you discover the emotional and physical aspects surrounding food. It is normal for most people to work in healthy eating habits into busy schedules and stressful times. That’s where a personal dietitian can help you overcome these barriers and provide viable solutions that work for you. The end goal is to help all individual reach their fullest potential.
Whether you want to boost your athletic performance, manage a food allergy or a health condition, or improve your lifestyle and diet overall, we can help.
Registered Nutritionist and Dietitian in Toronto
Olivia Cupido is a well-known and experienced dietitian and nutrition expert based in Toronto. Olivia works with clients to create easy to follow, realistic strategies to help them feel their best. She provides clients with the personalized education, resources, recipes and advice, along with motivational support. Her practice focuses not only on what we eat but how and why we eat as well. If you have a complex relationship with food, then Olivia Cupido can help.
Olivia’s areas of expertise include:
- Planning a balanced diet
- Manage food intolerances and allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as IBS and Celiac disease
- Mood-based disorders such as anxiety
- Healing complicated relationships with food and disordered eating
- Managing blood pressure, cholesterol and heart disease
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Nutritional guidance for energy and performance improvement in athletes
If you are looking for an expert nutrition and food consultant, or wellness coach in Toronto or other areas in Ontario, our nutrition specialist Olivia Cupido is here to help you get started and make sure you reach your goals.
Nutrition Counselling: Olivia Cupido will conduct a one-on-one counselling appointment with you to gather all the information needed and then design a realistic and easy-to-follow program that’s based on your lifestyle. Areas of counselling include food and mood disorders, food allergy and health management, gastrointestinal concerns, performance enhancement for athletes, and general lifestyle improvement.
Sports Counselling: For athletes looking to level up and reach optimal performance, adding nutrition to your routine could be just what you need. Our team has been working with athletes for many years, from amateur to professional, reach optimal performance levels.
Weight Loss Support Program: Weight management can be a stressful experience, especially if you’re going through it alone. We provide support and counselling during this journey to help you reach your goals and feel your best. We tackle at all aspects influencing weight and create personalized, sustainable strategies to help you meet your goals- no gimmicks, crash diets or fads.
Phone and Online Nutrition Counselling: If you need to talk to a registered dietitian or weight loss consultant but are located outside of Toronto, our online channels are open to serve you. You can connect with Olivia through this plan.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Do have a question about our services or are you looking for a registered dietitian or nutrition specialist in Toronto and Canada? We can help create a personalized nutrition and health strategy based on your current lifestyle.