What is the Performance Nutrition & Lifestyle Program?
The Performance Nutrition & Lifestyle Program is a nutrition and lifestyle coaching service offered by Push Pounds. Our team of coaches will provide you with customized macronutrient targets to meet your health and fitness goals, and you will track your diet using a mobile app (more information below). We will educate you on the role that nutrition plays in your overall health, well-being, and athletic performance.
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for patients who are ready to invest time and effort into developing a better understanding of their nutrition and lifestyle habits, and how these habits can influence their ability to achieve their goals. We work with a range of people, including but not limited to:
- Athletes looking to maximize performance and training (in-season or off-season).
- Active individuals wanting to develop consistency with their nutrition and work towards their ideal body composition.
- Active individuals recovering from musculoskeletal injuries and wanting to facilitate ideal healing through nutritional means.
- Those who are currently not active – but who want to start improving their nutrition, lifestyle, and body composition.
- Those who have had no luck with ‘yo-yo’ or ‘crash’ diets in the past and want to improve their relationship with food through a realistic and maintainable approach.
Who is this program NOT for?
This program is NOT designed for:
- Those who are looking for a ‘quick fix’ or short-term ‘crash diet’.
- Nutrition and lifestyle habits take time and effort to develop or change, and it’s rarely a linear process.
- Aside from working towards your ideal body composition, we’re here to educate, empower, and elevate your understanding of nutrition’s pivotal role in your life so you can continue these positive and healthy habits into the future.
- Those only looking to manage more serious health issues (i.e. Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diabetes) or medically diagnosed hormonal imbalances (i.e. Hashimoto’s disease, PCOS, thyroid disorders) rather than following a structured macronutrient program.
- In this case, we’d recommend having a consultation with our registered dietitians.
What is provided in the program?
- A comprehensive initial consultation with a coach to understand who you are, and what you hope to achieve in regards to nutrition and lifestyle goals.
- Customized macronutrient targets.
- Free access to the Practice Better App (our secure and HIPAA compliant network portal).
- Incorporation of optional DEXA scan results (additional costs apply, please see below).
- Outcome measure tracking (e.g. body weight, micronutrient intake, full profile photos) as well as subsequent optional DEXA scans to track progress for those interested.
- Individualized nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to help you progress toward your identified goals.
- Personal support from your coaching team throughout the process (via direct messaging)!
How is the program delivered?
- The program is delivered through a mixed model of bi-weekly check-ins by email, and monthly check-ins by Practice Better..
- You will be given access to a nutrition and lifestyle app called Practice Better to track diet and health metrics. You will be given your target macros, and you will track your dietary intake using Practice Better (or another integrated food tracking app that synchronizes with Practice Better).
- Data logged in Practice Better will be evaluated by your coach.
What can you expect to learn by taking the program?
- Identify & Overcome Habits Keeping you from your Goals: How to identify what nutrition and lifestyle habits are hindering your progress towards achieving your goals, and how to modify these habits with healthier and more sustainable actions.
- A Deeper Understanding of Your Body’s Needs: Understand how your body responds to food and exercise, and how to leverage this individual response to improve your performance.
- Master Self-Monitoring: How to self-monitor and manage your dietary intake without having to commit to another strict or unrealistic diet program.
What are the associated program fees?
- Initial Program Fee = $295
- Initial consultation with your coach
- Personalized macronutrient targets
- First month of coaching (consists of a bi-weekly check-in and online support)
- Free access to the Practice Better app
- Extensive introduction package
- Meal inspiration guide with curated meal ideas with macronutrient values included.
- Monthly Follow-Up Consultations = $195
- Updated personalized macronutrient targets
- Personalized coaching based on current progress with additional health and lifestyle resources
- Continued access to the Practice Better app.
- Continued e-mail access to your coach for the month.
*Bi-weekly check-ins are included in the monthly fee.
*DEXA scans for updated body composition metrics are strongly recommended and are available at a reduced fee of $75 for those enrolled in the program (regular fee is $99 per scan).
Note: The Performance Nutrition & Lifestyle Program may be eligible for coverage under extended healthcare benefits for a Registered Dietitian.
…Are you prepared to make the ultimate commitment to your health and fitness journey? For complete management of Nutrition, Exercise/Training, and Lifestyle – Check out our comprehensive Body Transformation Program.